Your half day dolphin snorkeling cruise adventure includes dolphin encounters, snorkeling, shelling and sunbathing. On the voyage to Egmont Key we will be searching for resident bottlenose dolphins. They love the deep wake our boats make and surf, jump and play so close you can almost touch them. They are just as curious about you as you will be about them.
Egmont Key offers opportunities to snorkel in clear waters about the ruins of Fort Dade, see the working lighthouse built in 1858, and explore the remains of the small town inland that housed Army personnel manning the massive artillery that protected Tampa Bay from Spanish battleships. Egmont Key offers some of the finest white sand beaches and the best shelling in the area – sharks teeth, sand dollars and starfish are often found.
We are Family-Friendly and Welcome Children of All Ages. Our Coast Guard Certified Captains, crew and boats stay at the landing site for the duration of your visit to the island. A bathroom is available on board.
Children 4-12 years: $40
Children 3 and under: FREE
- Taxes are included.
- Free parking available at all locations.
- We supply the masks and snorkels at no extra cost. You may also bring your own.
Seven days a week, weather permitting. Call for departure time.
We offer several different locations. Call for closest location to you.
Reservations are required due to popular demand. Booking can be done online
What to Bring:
- A Picnic Lunch, Drinks and Snacks: Beverages of choice and cooler. You may bring alcoholic beverages but they are not allowed on the island and cannot leave the boat. Drink lots of water.
- Water: Remember to drink lots of water. Bottled water will also be available on the boat.
- Sun Protection: Sunblock, sunglasses, bathing suit, hat, towels, extra clothing.
- Camera: Don’t forget to take pictures of what will be a memorable day. And don’t forget to post your favorites on our Facebook page and on Trip Advisor.
- Shoes / Sandals: The kind that protect your feet and aren’t afraid to get wet.
Sail with the dolphins and head south to the beautiful waters and beaches of Egmont Key. Call 727-345-4500 for directions.
Captain Frank built his first charter boat when he was 20 years old. It was a 47′ ocean racing sailboat. He was looking for the adventure. Captain Frank’s dream was to sail around the world. Frank turned it into a charter boat, while working for millionaires, taking care of their yachts and airplanes. His exciting occupation took Captain Frank from Vancouver, British Columbia to the U.S. Virgin Islands to Martha’s Vineyard U.S.A. Captain Frank has since built 4 more charter boats, improving each based on the general public’s reaction to their charter boat trips. Generally now, Captain Frank runs Tropical-Island-Getaway also known as Egmont Key Ferry, snorkeling, shelling and dolphin watch shows every day, weather permitting. These boats leave from the St. Petersburg/ Tampa/ Clearwater beaches. So if you are vacationing in Orlando, Bradenton, Sarasota, Anna Maria Island, Treasure Island, St. Petersburg Beach, you won’t want to miss this tropical island getaway adventure. The boat goes daily, weather permitting, to Egmont Key, and features snorkeling, shelling and a dolphin watch show. Call 727-345-4500 for reservations or email us at email@example.com for more information.